Who We Are
Central Coast Power is a consortium of local governments that has formed to explore the feasibility of a CCE program to
- empower our local COMMUNITY with the CHOICE of how and where our electricity is created and
- enhance the SUSTAINABILITY and ECONOMIC vitality of the tri-county region.
All 27 jurisdictions throughout San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties that currently are served by Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) and Southern California Edison (SCE) are included in a feasibility study to determine whether CCE is appropriate for the region. The feasibility study will help each county’s Board of Supervisors and each City Council decide whether to make the CCE option available to its residents and businesses.
Find out more about Central Coast Power and CCE by checking out these handy FAQs.
Our Progress To Date
Our Advisory Working Group that oversees our effort has been busy the past several months. A few highlights are below.
- We launched our website (www.CentralCoastPower.org), with educational resources and the latest Central Coast Power news.
- We’re meeting with community groups to share our early progress and gather feedback.
- We’re in the loop with other operational and in-development CCE programs across the state, sharing lessons learned and gleaning insights.
- We’ve outlined our priorities for our feasibility study and worked with PG&E and SCE to better understand how our potential customers use electricity so we can estimate how much we would need to buy in the future and how much it might cost.
There’s lots more activity behind the scenes! If you want a longer-term view of where we’ve been and where we’re headed, check out this timeline.
Help Spread the Word!