The Center for Climate Protection seeks a capable, dedicated, upbeat individual, preferably with familiarity in energy and/or climate issues, who would like a challenging part-time staff position in renewable energy to work with a team to advance Community Choice Energy in California.
Examples of activities that the associate would perform under direction of the Renewable Energy Manager:
- Maintain the Community Choice Energy-dedicated Clean Power Exchange (CPX) website, cleanpowerexchange.org
- Collect and curate news stories, blogs, original content, calendar events, job openings, and other news and information relevant to the Community Choice community for the CPX E-News that goes out every two weeks
- Assist in coordinating and producing monthly webinars
- Help boost and maintain several program-related social media sites
- Carry out research tasks as requested
- Analyze policy as requested
- Support communications with priority communities
- Write or produce, or assist in writing or producing, reports, articles, blogs, letters to editor, factsheets, news releases, etc.
- Participate in meetings and/or events as requested
- WordPress (including some HTML/CSS)
- MS Office and/or Google Apps
- Database management
Benefits of the position include:
- Engaging with community leaders throughout California
- Being supported by a supportive supervisor
- Working with an energetic, serious, fun, and creative staff at the Center for Climate Protection
- Exercising creativity and initiative
We seek an individual who will commit to work for the remainder of 2017 and all of 2018. Compensation is $18 per hour for approximately 80 hours per month. The number of hours per week is flexible and negotiable. Working remotely for some of the time is negotiable.
To apply, fill out this form, and attach your résumé and a cover letter describing your interest in and suitability for the position.
The position is open until filled. If interested, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible because as we would like to fill the position in November, if possible.
The mission of the Center for Climate Protection is to inspire, align, and mobilize action in response to the climate crisis. We work with business, government, youth and the broader community to advance practical, science-based solutions for significant greenhouse gas emission reductions. For more info visit www.climateprotection.org
The Center for Climate Protection is located at 831 4th Street, Santa Rosa, and is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.