The Climate Center seeks a qualified individual interested in serving as a part-time “Community Outreach Specialist” to advance Community Choice Energy in the City of Stockton as part of its statewide Clean Power Exchange (CPX) program.
The program goal is to establish a Community Choice Energy agency (CCA) to serve Stockton business and residential customers. The CPX program marries two critical issues, climate protection and social justice, and emphasizes information sharing via the CPX website. More program information can be found at: https://cleanpowerexchange.org/central-valley/
Key activities within this position include:
- Representing the Center and the CPX program to local elected officials and government staff
- Note your association with the Center/CPX on matters related to CCA
- Attend city council meetings and make presentations, as appropriate
- Write articles/blogs on a regular basis on topics related to CCA and recruit other community members to do the same
- Use social media to build support for Community Choice Energy
- Provide updates to Center staff at least weekly about relevant developments including news articles, Stockton city council agendas and/or minutes, business communications, etc.
For the full job description and information on how to apply, please click here.