3. Sonoma Clean Power: Programs Strategic Action Plan
SCP created a road map to clearly identify strategies, and actions needed to accomplish the strategies, to efficiently accomplish the 5 key goals of the JPA. The original document was created in June of 2017 and included already funded programs. The SAP is updated every January and June, and also attempts to prioritize actions based on available resources, regulatory constraints, and other areas of uncertainty. It can safely be assumed that all Immediate Actions have existing or imminent funding.
a. The plan currently includes eight program strategies, with 3 possible levels of action including immediate, near-term, and long-term.
- Promote the use of electric vehicles
- Promote fuel switching from gas to electric in new and existing building stock
- Apply for external funding for programs
- Promote the aggregation of loads and resources
- Support the integration of Distributed Energy Resources in SCP territory
- Support the transition to zero-net-energy (ZNE) building codes and practices
- Test and evaluate the use of new technologies
- Promote public education involving energy efficiency and fuel switching
b. Read the SCP Programs Strategic Action Plan document here (1/2019)