Redwood Coast Energy Authority (RCEA) in Eureka, California is seeking a Power Resources Manager.
Redwood Coast Energy Authority launched its community choice energy (CCE) program in 2017, with a goal of 100% local renewable electricity by 2030. The program enjoys a 93% participation rate in its Humboldt County, CA service area, including some 60,000 homes and businesses. In March 2019, our Board of Directors adopted an accelerated goal of 100%
clean and renewable electricity by 2025. State policy calls for electricity providers to increase their renewable portfolios each year and, beginning in the near future, to procure a large portion
of this renewable energy under long-term contracts. These local and state policy drivers will require RCEA to rapidly expand its renewable energy procurement, while keeping electricity
affordable for Humboldt County energy users. We are looking for a motivated, experienced, and knowledgeable power resources manager to help meet this challenge.
This Manager/Senior Manager role is focused on wholesale power procurement and the associated regulatory compliance activities supporting our CCE program.
RCEA is most interested in candidates experienced with:
• Development, negotiation, and management of long-term power purchase agreements
• Integrated resource planning
• Working with the California Independent System Operator or other balancing authority, including settlement processes and new resource interconnection
• Working with the Western Renewable Energy Generation Information System and retiring renewable energy certificates
• Data analysis, computer programming, and spreadsheet applications such as Microsoft Excel at an advanced skill level
• Load forecasting and aggregation and analysis of historic load data
• Short-term, day-ahead, and real-time power markets
• Issuance and administration of requests for proposals and requests for offers, and evaluation of responses from vendors
• Compliance with regulations promulgated by the California Public Utilities Commission, the California Energy Commission, and the California Air Resources Board
• Monitoring, reporting on, and participating in regulatory proceedings at the California Public Utilities Commission and other public agencies
For the whole job description and application, please click here.