Valley Clean Energy, is seeking members for their Community Advisory Committee. See info below for more information:
Purpose: The Community Advisory Committee is appointed by and acts as an advisory body to the Valley Clean Energy Alliance Board to provide recommendations on general policy and operations objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Advise the VCE Board of Directors on VCE’s general policy and operational objectives, including portfolio mix and objectives, technical, market, program and policy areas, strategic objectives and strategies to reduce carbon emissions, accelerate development of local resources and promote energy resilience.
• Assist in the development of public information materials related to customer energy investments and choices offered by VCE, PG&E and third parties.
• Collaborate with VCE staff and consultants on community outreach to and liaison with member communities;
• Collaborate with VCE staff on monitoring legislative and regulatory activities related to Community Choice Energy issues.
• Make recommendations on issues, projects, and/or objectives to further VCE’s fulfillment of the goals outlined in the Vision Statement.
Membership: 9 members, composed of 3 representatives from each VCE jurisdiction – the City of Woodland, the City of Davis, and Yolo County. A quorum shall consist of a majority of the current membership.
Meetings: Nine (9) days prior to, typically on a Monday, the Board’s regularly scheduled meeting, which is the second Thursday of every month. Meetings start at 5:30 p.m. and alternate between the Cities of Davis and Woodland.
Term: appointed for a 3-year term, staggered.