PCE is launching its six innovative local pilot projects to spur local innovation, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, support low-income customers, and advance electric transportation. The Community Pilot Program will fund programs for up to $75,000 each to repair homes for low-income residents, promote access to electric vehicles, switch appliances from gas to electric, provide backup power for emergency shelters, and ensure safe appliance recycling. If successful, pilot projects may be implemented on a larger scale.
- ARCA Recycling, Inc. (ARCA) provides customers with a convenient and satisfying solution for disposal of their old appliances.
- Ardenna Energy, LLC will demonstrate a scalable program model for reducing greenhouse gas emissions by replacing natural gas usage with clean electricity in five qualifying homes.
- Build it Green will upgrade up to 16 low-income homes in Daly City and East Palo Alto with healthy home remediation and roof repairs to qualify the homes for energy efficiency improvements.
- Interfaith Power & Light will enhance solar installation and energy storage projects in up to five centrally located faith-based institutions. All residents will have access to these locations.
- Envoy Technologies Inc. (“Envoy”) will introduce a creative on-demand electric vehicle car sharing program in a disadvantaged San Mateo County community.
- San Mateo County Office of Sustainability will develop the Roadmap for Municipal Green Fleets clean fuel toolkit to assist local governments in replacing traditional gas-powered fleets with electric vehicles.
To learn more about these pilot projects, please visit our Community Pilots page.